Street Trading

Trade began to be built immediately to the base of the city, and grew up with him. In the early 1800s, it was just a nook in a few blocks long, bounded on one side of Piazza (now – Sq. Liberation). It is such a favorable proximity to the city center and played a role in the future of the street. Extremely rich and diverse record of household Commerce. Here born citadel future trading of Mariupol. Recall that this was due to the proximity to the Piazza. None of the merchant or the visitor could not miss this place – all roads lead down to the pier.

A jetty – it's the cycle of various products, it is good bargains and supplies in short, everything without which the commercial life is dead. That's why it's place and beckoning as the merchants, and their capital. And if we take into account the fact that all trade in Mariupol was concentrated in private hands – it becomes clear why the street Trading was a tasty morsel in the heart of the city. If you take a look at the statistics merchants, then in 1780 we find only 144 merchants, mostly foreigners. In 1864 – 221 people devoted himself to trade. Crawford Lake Capital is actively involved in the matter. And for some 30 years their number has increases up to 1396 people (end of XIX century). It is no accident "Geographical and Statistical Dictionary of Russian Empire" Semenov (S-Pb., 1867) assured us that the native inhabitants, the Greeks, "distinguished by the spirit of trade," and "the main occupation of the inhabitants of trade.

Comments are closed.